For the past few weeks Carolyn Ricci and Dr. Marc Hurlbert from the Avon Foundation have been on the road in the U.S., holding events at new beneficiaries to help spread the news of our partnerships. Here are the "new" 2015 BHOP grantees!
- Tucson Medical Center in Tucson, AZ received $26,000 to help uninsured women access breast health education and screening.
- Cancer Resource Center of the Desert in El Centro, CA received $30,000 to provide psychosocial support for Latina women living with metastatic breast cancer.
- Samaritan House in San Mateo, CA received $30,000 to provide culturally competent breast health education and prevention services to Spanish-speaking women.
- Cancer & Chronic Disease Consortium in El Paso, TX received $35,000 to link women with free screening mammograms, clinical breast exams and follow-up services as needed, and provide breast health and breast cancer risk-reduction education.
- YWCA of Greater Miami-Dade in Miami, FL received $40,000 to support a program to eliminate inequalities in healthcare experienced by many minority women in Miami Dade County.